Finance Intern Cover Letter
Finance Interns are entry-level, temporary workers who learn how to apply their theoretical knowledge of financial laws under the guidance of an internship coordinator. Typical responsibilities of a Finance Intern include: performing research, generating reports, assisting with the preparation of financial records, using the company’s accounting system, utilizing various computer applications, and completing other tasks as assigned by managers. An internship is useful for acquiring experience in order to be prepared for job offers.
Based on our collection of cover letter samples, requirements for a Finance Intern include:
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles
- Good math skills and expertise in numbers
- Analytical thinking and being able to collect and evaluate data
- Recordkeeping skills
- Computer competences
- Oral and written communication skills
- A willingness to learn and being able to follow instructions
- Flexibility and being open to challenges
Similar Finance Intern skills are visible in the cover letter example showcased below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Finance Intern Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Perez:
Upon review of your posting for a Finance Intern, I was eager to submit my resume for your review. With my solid understanding of financial planning and analysis gained throughout my educational background—as well as my comprehensive abilities in general business administration and team collaboration—I feel confident that I would significantly benefit your company in an internship role.
In preparing to receive my BA Degree in Finance this spring from the University of Maine, I have acquired a breadth of knowledge and skills in subjects including financial management, investment strategies, market research and analysis, business ethics, accounting, and operational oversight. My attention to detail and excellent interpersonal skills, along with my collaborative and professional demeanour, position me ready to make a substantial contribution to your organization.
My qualifications for this role include the following:
- Preparing to excel in rotating between cross-functional financial departments and teams to gain critical exposure to all facets of the finance sector while simultaneously delivering key research and project support to drive success.
- Excelling as a productive team player, communicating ideas and information and delivering articulate and concise presentations and reports.
- Demonstrating proficiency in financial research and in-depth data analysis, along with the highest levels of organization, self-initiative, and team collaboration.
- Earning numerous leadership and scholastic awards due to outstanding performance; graduating in top 10% of class.
- Achieving proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook, as well as QuickBooks and SAP.
- Excelling as a productive team player while also leveraging self-motivation skills to thrive in independent work environments.
With my recent academic experience in finance, coupled with my enthusiasm and dedication to achieving success, I believe I will swiftly surpass your expectations for this role. I look forward to discussing the position in further detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
Catherine R. Burdick