ER Nurse Cover Letter
ER Nurses assist doctors in emergency rooms and provide care to patients with life-threatening conditions. Their patients have usually had an accident or an allergic reaction. Specific job duties of an ER Nurse are diagnosing illness and trauma, assessing patient needs, offering advice to patients and their families, stabilizing patients, taking samples for tests, treating the problem, providing emotional support, and making arrangements for longer hospital stays. Adhering to safety and hygiene protocols is compulsory for this role.
A well-written example cover letter for ER Nurse should focus on the following job skills and qualifications:
- Clinical skills
- Medical teamwork
- Bedside manners
- Emotional stability
- Attention to details
- Fast thinking and decision-making
- Effective communication
The sample cover letter below showcases similar ER Nurse qualities and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive ER Nurse Resume Samples.
For more information on what it takes to be an ER Nurse, check out our more complete ER Nursee Job Description.
Dear Mr. Fidler:
As a skilled ER Nurse with more than 16 years of experience providing comprehensive services to a wide variety of patients in acute care / trauma environments, I am pleased to present the enclosed resume. My background in supporting patient care allows me to substantially assist St. John’s Hospital in meeting—and exceeding—its healthcare goals.
My experience includes providing specialized care and treatment to critically injured or seriously ill patients while monitoring their progress and communicating with cross-functional medical teams. Performing phlebotomist tasks and EKGs, training and leading nursing staff, and maintaining detailed patient and procedure records are just a few of many tasks at which I excel, consistently providing a superior level of compassionate patient care.
Highlights of my experience include the following:
- Serving as Lead Nurse in a 70-bed ER department at Applegate Hospital, providing support and leadership across all aspects of patient care while overseeing staff and improving patient flow.
- Demonstrating expert clinical skills in overseeing critical care of all categories of ER patients while reacting effectively in emergency situations and displaying sound decision-making skills to help save patient lives.
- Providing quality patient care in alignment with hospital protocols, organizational standards, and legal regulations.
- Communicating effectively across multidisciplinary medical teams to ensure appropriate and necessary patient care.
- Adept in using Omnicell medication distribution as well as computerized medical charting.
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the state of Wisconsin; Bachelor’s degree in Nursing from the University of Wisconsin, Madison.
With my expertise in managing patient care within ER units, I am confident that I can greatly contribute to your hospital in this role. I look forward to discussing this opportunity and my qualifications in detail.
Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Margaret W. Thorne, RN