Emergency Nurse Cover Letter
Emergency Nurses collaborate with medical professionals in emergency medicine facilities. Essential responsibilities of an Emergency Nurse include performing triage, assessing patient condition, identifying medical problems, checking for allergies, asking patients about current medication, monitoring vital signs, collecting test samples, administering medication, cleaning wounds, maintaining supplies of medical equipment, and moving patients.
Based on our collection of cover letter samples for Emergency Nurse, the most sought-after skills for this profession are the following:
- Clinical skills
- Medical teamwork
- Emotional stability
- Being able to work under pressure
- Effective communication
- Time management
- Stamina and resilience to stress
The Emergency Nurse cover letter sample provided just below highlights similar job assets and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Emergency Nurse Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Swint:
As a skilled Emergency Nurse with more than 11 years of proven experience providing comprehensive patient care in emergency/trauma centers, I am pleased to present the enclosed resume for your review. My expertise in rapidly assessing, stabilizing, and documenting critically ill patients will enable me to substantially assist the Mark C. Turner Medical Center in meeting—and exceeding—its healthcare goals.
My experience includes providing specialized care and treatment to critically injured or seriously ill patients while monitoring their progress and communicating with cross-functional medical teams. From identifying medical issues and taking vital signs to cleaning wounds and administering medications, my background encompasses a full range of nursing responsibilities to ensure outstanding patient care in emergency situations. In addition, my reputation as a fast-thinking, empathic, and decisive professional is certain to make me an asset to your emergency care team.
Highlights of my experience include the following:
- Excelling as a Registered Nurse in the Emergency/Trauma unit at the DW Hudson Hospital in Ann Arbor for the past 11+ years; carrying more than eight patients at all times while ensuring top-flight patient care and support.
- Quickly analyzing patients to determine if their injuries/conditions were critical or non-critical, and subsequently communicating with physicians and other specialists regarding patient status.
- Efficiently coordinating patient referrals, admission/discharge functions, laboratory testing, and medication orders.
- Reacting effectively in emergency situations and displaying sound decision-making skills to help save patient lives.
- Providing quality patient care in alignment with hospital protocols, organizational standards, and legal regulations.
- Delivering vital coverage and support in other medical units upon request, including ICU, Pre-op, Post-op, and Cardiac Observation.
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the state of Michigan with specialized emergency training; Bachelor’s degree in Nursing from the University of Michigan.
With my expertise in managing patient care within emergency/trauma centers, I am confident that I can greatly contribute to your hospital in this role. I look forward to discussing this opportunity and my qualifications in detail, and how I might benefit the Mark C. Turner Medical Center. Thank you for your consideration.
Michael G. Morales, RN