Dog Sitter Cover Letter
Dog Sitters are animal caretakers responsible for watching after dogs when their owners are not available. Dog Sitters are self-employed or are hired by pet-oriented small businesses and are responsible for the following job duties: feeding and walking pets, administering medication when needed, providing companionship to dogs, staying overnight when owners are on vacation, bathing and grooming dogs, monitoring their health condition, and reporting to owners.
Based on our collection of cover letter examples for Dog Sitter, the most sought-after skills for this job are:
- Being able to interact with dogs
- Love of animals
- Customer service skills
- Empathy and a friendly personality
- Attention to details
- Being able to handle emergency situations
- Pet first aid knowledge
- Reliability and confidentiality
Those interested in a Dog Sitter job can check relevant skills and abilities in the cover letter sample provided just below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Dog Sitter Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Johnson:
As a dedicated, organized and reliable professional with strong experience supervising the care of dogs while their owners are away—complemented by my additional experience as a volunteer dog walker with the Alternative Humane Society—I am prepared to ease your worries and give you peace of mind with regard to the wellbeing of your beloved canine pets during your absence.
My background includes performing comprehensive tasks to ensure full animal care, including providing food and water, walking dogs, providing training on behavioural challenges, cleaning up waste, administering medicine, and providing general companionship while always complying with owner requests and requirements. In addition, I am adept at providing daytime, evening, and/or overnight care while documenting the duties completed at each visit. I excel at prioritizing tasks while demonstrating an unwavering commitment to animal welfare excellence.
Highlights of my qualifications include…
- Caring for more than 75 dogs in their owners’ absences over the past nine years, conscientiously maintaining the safety, wellbeing, and contentment of the pets in my care.
- Leading fun expeditions to dog parks, local lakes and ponds (for water-loving dogs), pet stores, training classes, and beaches to ensure stimulating and physically active experiences for dogs in my care.
- Recording all information, instructions, and requirements prior to owners’ departure to ensure full understanding of needs and expectations.
- Offering additional support—when requested—with general house sitting duties, such as collecting mail, watering plants, handling trash, and turning on/off lights and security systems.
- Consistently being referred by current clients to new owners—as well as being routinely requested by regular customers—due to outstanding animal care and job performance over the years.
- Possessing superior organization, time management, and problem-solving abilities with an adaptable and flexible nature.
My skills in dog care and supervision, along with my positive attitude and work ethic, prepare me to excel in this capacity and provide superior dog sitting service during your absence. The chance to discuss your and your pet’s needs would be most welcome.
Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to meeting you and your pets soon!
Tina J. Henry