Disability Support Worker Cover Letter
Disability Support Workers provide care to people with physical or intellectual disability. These employees work in community-based group homes or at the client’s home. Examples of job duties include: implementing programs, helping clients develop relationships, assisting with hygiene and meals, reporting health condition to doctors and nurses, providing companionship, and giving first aid in case of medical emergency.
Employers select cover letters highlighting the following qualities:
- Basic nursing skills
- First aid knowledge
- Emotional stability and a caring personality
- Being able to work independently and as part of a team
- Physical fitness and being able to restrain difficult patients
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Stamina and resilience
- Availability for work in shifts
Those interested in a Disability Support Worker career can check relevant skills and experience for the job in the cover letter sample displayed below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Disability Support Worker Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Coyle
As a skilled professional with nearly eight years of experience providing services to individuals afflicted with physical and/or intellectual disabilities, I am pleased to present the enclosed resume in response to your posting for a Disability Support Worker. My background in ensuring outstanding levels of personal care and support positions me to substantially assist your team in meeting—and exceeding—its objectives.
From counseling patients and encouraging positive and goal-oriented attitudes to assisting with basic life tasks and maintaining meticulous records, my experience in supporting RNs and physicians across all facets of patient care positions me to excel in this position. Communicating with cross-functional staff, assisting patients with their needs, and providing rehabilitation techniques are just a few of many tasks at which I excel, consistently providing a superior level of compassionate care.
Highlights of my experience include the following:
- Performing a range of critical functions for disabled patients as a Support Worker with Sunbeam Medical Services—such as cooking and serving meals, obtaining medications, and performing general housekeeping tasks—for patients with chronic and acute health issues including asthma, COPD, dementia, diabetes, and cancer.
- Empowering clients to live as independently as possible, handling tasks spanning from personal hygiene to shopping to medication administration.
- Demonstrating an unwavering commitment to advancing overall client health and wellbeing.
- Receiving a Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Therapy from Kansas State University in 2008.
With my proven success in supporting care and treatment for a wide variety of disabled patients, I am confident in my ability to significantly contribute to your organization and make a positive impact on your clients’ lives. An opportunity to discuss your needs and my qualifications in more detail would be most welcome.
Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Andrea K. Wooten