Director Of Marketing Cover Letter
Directors Of Marketing are responsible for a company’s marketing activities; their main purpose is to increase market share by attracting and retaining customers. Essential duties of a Director Of Marketing include: creating marketing strategies, implementing marketing campaigns, cultivating customer relationship, gathering and analyzing marketing information, recruiting and training marketing staff, guiding other marketing professionals, writing performance reports, updating company website, allocating resources, and building strategic partnerships.
Those interested in a Director Of Marketing position should be able to demonstrate the following abilities throughout their cover letters:
- Marketing expertise
- Strong leadership skills
- Strategic thinking
- Analytical skills
- Attention to details
- Problem-solving orientation
- Business acumen
- Computer proficiency
- Knowledge of current marketing trends
Relevant skills and qualifications for this job can be seen in the example cover letter provided just beneath.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Director Of Marketing Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Steward:
With this letter and the enclosed resume, I would like to express my sincere interest in the Director of Marketing position you have available. As a creative, driven, and visionary executive with more than 15 years of outstanding marketing experience and accomplishments, I possess a range of knowledge and experience that will allow me to contribute toward the success and growth of your company.
My expertise lies in successfully conceptualizing and implementing innovative marketing initiatives—including both digital and traditional media channels—to drive market impact and expansion for Fortune 500 companies. I possess a deep understanding of product development/distribution, advertising, market research, and social media management. Additionally, my proven talents in event strategy, branding, and customer analytics positions me to make a significant impact on your organization.
The following achievements demonstrate my qualification for this position:
- Propelling product enhancement, corporate growth strategies, and successful marketing initiatives to stimulate revenue growth and outperform sales objectives in progressively responsible positions with Great Sky Apparel, culminating in my current role as Marketing Director.
- Conceptualizing and implementing integrated marketing communication plans to ensure brand consistency, meet measurable objectives, and maximize effectiveness.
- Reduced annual marcom costs by 47% while simultaneously increasing market penetration by improving Great Sky’s email gathering, cleansing, and distribution strategy.
- Utilizing a variety of marketing channels—including direct mail, social media, in-store efforts, employee programs, online / digital, and special customer events—to achieve corporate goals.
- Demonstrating effective communication, analytical, presentation, and time management abilities.
My proven success in achieving corporate marketing objectives, along with my comprehensive expertise in developing strategic initiatives and programs throughout all levels of the marketing cycle, will contribute immensely to the success of your company. Thank you for your consideration, and I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Susan M. Wayman