Diesel Mechanic Cover Letter
Diesel Mechanics, sometimes called Diesel Technicians, inspect and repair diesel engines, such as those used in many types of large trucks, buses and construction equipment, such as bulldozers and cranes. Diesel Mechanics are responsible for working on such engine parts and systems as brakes, transmissions, exhausts, electrical systems and steering. They perform routine maintenance such as oil changes and fluid checks as well as more complex duties, which can include rebuilding transmissions or even entire engines. A Diesel Mechanic typically uses a diagnostic machine to find specific problems that need attention. Diesel Mechanics can work for repair shops, construction companies, truck dealerships or trucking companies.
The following skills are among the most common that would be mentioned in a cover letter for a Diesel Mechanic:
- Technical/mechanical knowledge
- Troubleshooting capabilities
- Problem solving
- Attention to detail
- Computer/diagnostic skills
We have supplied a sample Diesel Mechanic cover letter below to show you how this document should focus on required skills and qualifications needed to fill this role.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Diesel Mechanic Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Wiley:
I am sending my resume in response to your job posting for a Diesel Mechanic. I am certain that my experience and training in the repair and maintenance of diesel engines match the requirements of this position and will contribute to the success of the diesel repair shop of Spillway.
Over the past several years, I have applied my skills in diagnostics, troubleshooting, repair and maintenance of diesel engines for many types of equipment and vehicles. I am well versed in the use of micrometers, bore gauges, voltmeters, calibrators and dial indicators in addition to diagnostic software systems. I have worked extensively with hydraulic systems and possess full knowledge of DOT and OSHA regulations.
The highlights below best illustrate my qualifications and skills:
- Maintained and repaired diesel engines for 30+ buses for the Cloudy Fox Bus Company
- Filled lead Diesel Mechanic role for the $1 million diesel engine rebuild project for Grey Whale Trucking
- Ran diesel engine maintenance program for all heavy equipment for The Apple Construction Company that resulted in a decrease of 22.4 hours of down time over a 6-month period
- ASE certified
- Own all tools needed to complete the job of a Diesel Mechanic
- Trained by master mechanics at the Auto/Diesel Institute of Michigan
I feel that my expertise, particularly in areas of engine maintenance and hydraulics, as well as my proven problem-solving and organizational skills, will be valuable assets to your company and to this position in particular. I am available to speak further about my professional background and qualifications at your earliest convenience.
Thank you for your consideration.