Developer Cover Letter
Developers are IT professionals who use computer technology to meet the needs of their employer. Specific responsibilities can vary depending on the industry, as there are several Developer specializations. Tasks Developers typically complete include collaborating with other members of the IT team, writing HTML and CSS code, testing functionality of web applications, mapping out project milestones, presenting feature concepts to project stakeholders, interacting with clients and documenting client conversations through CRM software.
Most Developer cover letters highlight the following skills and competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, web design or computer science
- Proficiency in HTML and CSS
- Awareness of trends in user experience
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
- An eye for design and aesthetics
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to hit deadlines and juggle multiple projects
The following is a Developer cover letter that showcases some of these competencies.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Developer Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Kelly
My professional experience includes crafting code for various web functions, and then testing said functions and tweaking the code to perfection. I also have experience working in a collaborative environment and presenting status updates to project stakeholders. I think this experience makes me a worthy consideration for Dreamscape Digital.
Here are the highlights of my qualifications and professional achievements:
- Earned Bachelor’s degree in web design from Full Sail University
- Proficiency in database technologies, such as mySQL and PHP
- Used HTML5 and CSS3 to code a variety of web functions for different clients
- Used CRM software to document and analyze client communication
- Successfully pitched the addition of various web features to project stakeholders
I think what sets me apart from other candidates is my obsession with staying abreast of design trends related to user experience. I have an eye for design and approach every application I create from the perspective of the user. If you think I’d be a good fit for Dreamscape Digital, then let’s set up an interview at your earliest convenience.
Larry J. Barnes