Designer Cover Letter
Designers create a variety of products such as computer games, product packages, clothing, magazines, books, advertisements, websites, and many others. Designers develop ideas based on a brief approved by the client, the account manager, and the creative director, and complete duties such as discussing business requirements, providing time estimates for their work, presenting ideas, using computer-aided design software, and commissioning other creative specialists.
A successful cover letter for Designer emphasizes the following qualities:
- Teamwork and flexibility
- Creativity and artistic flair
- Excellent communication abilities to keep in touch with clients
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to sell their ideas
- Networking skills to collect contacts
- Opening to constructive criticism and feedback on their designs
- Computer proficiency and knowledge of related software
Below is provided a cover letter sample showcasing the most sought-after skills in a Designer
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Designer Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Paschall:
Conceptual innovation, a robust work ethic, and productive team collaboration are all essential components to success in creative design. As a skilled Graphic Designer with 10 years of experience developing and executing a wide variety of successful design projects, I am positioned to make a significant impact within your organization as your next Designer.
My background includes designing and implementing forward-thinking print and Web-based projects and services for a variety of clients. With expertise in a broad range of design software applications—along with my ability to collaborate effectively with clients, peers, and senior management teams—I am confident that my talents and abilities will significantly benefit Sanzoom.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Playing a key role in all facets of creative design projects from concept through execution for a broad range of materials, including full-color corporate identity pieces, brochures, advertisements, logos, letterhead, business cards, and websites.
- Remaining up-to-date on current design industry trends and technical tools; leveraging innate passion for design to achieve success and first-rate client satisfaction.
- Coordinating material design, branding, and informational tone to drive reader interest and comprehension.
- Juggling multiple projects while unfailingly meeting all deadlines and budget requirements.
- Demonstrating proficiency in Adobe programs, Quark, Freehand, and the comprehensive Microsoft Office Suite.
With my keen ability to evolve and complete conceptual design projects, combined with my steadfast commitment to top-notch design quality and production, I am prepared to excel in providing outstanding graphic design services to your company. I look forward to discussing the position, and my qualifications, in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Rebecca J. Garner