Deputy Clerk Cover Letter
Deputy Clerks provide clerical support in court systems. Examples of Deputy Clerk duties are generating court documents, filing legal documents, maintaining calendars, announcing scheduled cases to interested parties, sorting correspondence, issuing receipts for the payment of fines and fees, securing information for judges, obtaining information for court from witnesses and litigants, recording the outcomes of court proceedings, setting up electronic equipment, and securing courtroom exhibits.
The ideal candidate for this job should be able to demonstrate the following skills and job assets:
- Knowledge of legal procedures
- Organization and planning
- Work ethics and integrity
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Computer competences
- Time management and multitasking
Below is displayed a cover letter sample for Deputy Clerk demonstrating similar skills and qualifications.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Deputy Clerk Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Munday:
As a skilled courtroom assistant with 11+ years of experience performing various administrative tasks to facilitate efficiency and organization, I am pleased to present the enclosed resume in response to your posting for a new Deputy Clerk. With my qualifications and dedication, I am confident that I will be an immediate asset in this role.
My background lies in providing overarching clerical support in busy courtrooms, assisting attorneys, judicial officers, judges, law enforcement, and the general public. From answering inquiries and processing legal documents to collecting fines/fees and managing correspondence, my skill set and attention to detail has continually resulted in seamlessly functioning and highly efficient courtrooms. Additionally, my excellent communication skills and my deep knowledge of legal procedures and terminology makes me an excellent match for this position.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Excelling as a Deputy Clerk for the Riverdale County Courthouse, preparing scheduled case dockets, processing and reviewing legal documents/motions/orders, and communicating pertinent information to the appropriate parties.
- Screening and routing phone calls, delegating work assignments, and providing information to counsel upon request.
- Establishing and sustaining strong relationships through exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Ensuring regulatory compliance of all documents with confidentiality guidelines, government-mandated deadlines, and judicial regulations.
- Skillfully facilitating overall courtroom procedures alongside judges, district attorneys, and defense attorneys.
With my superior skills in comprehensive courtroom support, accompanied by my core strengths in legal research, court interactions, and administrative assistance, I am well positioned to surpass your expectations for this role. I would be pleased to offer more insight into my qualifications, and I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Thank you for your consideration.
Lena P. McKinley