Dental Assistant Cover Letter
Dental Assistants are in charge for delivering dental care. Typical duties of a Dental Assistant include greeting patients, collecting patient data, scheduling appointments, answering to patient questions, sterilizing instruments, selecting and mixing materials, helping dentists manage emergencies, and adhering to infection control procedures. An important aspect of their work is educating patients on topics such as plaque control, dental hygiene, and postoperative care.
A sample cover letter for Dental Assistant showcases the following qualifications and experience:
- Knowledge of dental technology
- Infection control and attention to safety
- Medical teamwork and multitasking
- The ability to work under pressure
- Bedside manner and empathy
- Effective communication skills
- Computer literacy for recordkeeping purposes
An example cover letter for Dental Assistant that showcases some of these skills is provided below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Dental Assistant Resume Samples.
Dear Dr. Edmonds:
When I learned of your posting for a Dental Assistant, I hastened to submit my resume for your review. As an educated and enthusiastic student of dental hygiene with excellent abilities in a variety of dental practices and procedures, I am confident that I could make a significant impact as a member of your team.
My experience lies in achieving solid knowledge of numerous dental procedures while consistently educating patients on oral hygiene and daily treatment activities. From taking patient histories and reviewing procedural charts to facilitating dental procedures and monitoring patient care, I excel at coordinating seamless and positive healthcare experiences and encouraging a high volume of repeat patients. With my solid team-playing and communication skills, I am positioned to excel in this role at your office.
Highlights of my experience include the following:
- Achieving proficiency in scaling, root planning, fillings, impressions, applications, polishing, irrigations, and x-ray development.
- Operating a wide variety of dental technologies and devices; providing maintenance and sterilization of instruments, equipment, and facilities.
- Educating patients of all ages on proactive oral hygiene and nutrition practices to promote dental awareness and healthy checkups.
- Scheduling appointments, managing records, and communicating with team members to ensure an efficient and pleasurable work environment.
With my solid understanding of dental assistant functions and my commitment to providing first-rate treatment plans and patient care, I am prepared to put my knowledge and experience to work for you. I look forward to discussing the position further. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Cindy M. Rainer