Critical Care Nurse Cover Letter
Critical Care Nurses provide services to patients with life-threatening conditions in intensive care units. Essential responsibilities of a Critical Care Nurse are monitoring patients, administering medication, maintaining life support equipment, providing advanced life support, reporting patient status to physicians, providing emotional support to patient families, preparing patients for procedures, collecting specimens for lab tests, and updating patient charts.
A Critical Care Nurse should be able to demonstrate the following skills and qualifications throughout their cover letters:
- Nursing skills
- Medical teamwork
- Emotional stamina
- Bedside manners
- Decision-making and the ability to stay calm under pressure
- Attention to details and good observational skills
- Effective communication and reporting
- Infection control knowledge
Below is provided a sample cover letter for Critical Care Nurse demonstrating similar skills and qualifications.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Critical Care Nurse Resume Samples.
For more information on what it takes to be a Critical Care Nurse, check out our more complete Critical Care Nurse Job Description.
Dear Ms. Webster:
As a skilled and experienced Critical Care Nurse with 12+ years of proven expertise providing vital medical services to critically ill patients, I am pleased to present the enclosed resume. My background in supporting acute patient care will allow me to substantially assist Meridian Hospital’s Cardiology Center in meeting—and surpassing—its healthcare goals.
My background includes excellent experience preparing and utilizing highly technical devices / equipment, monitoring patient progress, administering medications, and communicating with cross-functional medical teams to coordinate all aspects of critical patient care. Tracking patient vitals, preparing patients for procedures, and ensuring advanced life support are just a few of the many tasks I perform each day, consistently providing a superior level of compassionate patient care and service.
Highlights of my experience include the following:
- Excelling in my current position as a Critical Care RN within the Albert J. Hall Cardiology Center at Meridian Hospital—held for the past 12 years—with responsibility for the comprehensive care of patients with complex cardiac conditions.
- Initiating patient admissions from the ER, inserting and dressing central lines and TPN administration, performing intravenous therapies, and orchestrating social work referrals and outpatient treatments.
- Collaborating across diverse healthcare teams to formulate and implement integrated patient care plans; tracking patient progress and producing corresponding detailed flowsheets of patients’ conditions.
- Educating patients on pre-op and post-op catheterization and open-heart surgery instructions.
- Serving as a preceptor for students from Long Island City College’s School of Nursing.
- Holding credentials as a Certified Critical Care Nurse (CCRN) and a Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN); earning a Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing Studies.
With my expertise in managing critically ill patient care and support, I am confident that I can greatly contribute to your facility in this capacity. I look forward to discussing this opportunity, and my qualifications, in more detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
Shauna S. Ransom