Communication Manager Cover Letter
Communications Managers deliver messages on behalf of the organization employing them and are also responsible for internal communication. Duties vary from industry to industry, but usually include the following: writing company materials, creating presentations, informing employees on important company news and developments, liaising with stakeholders and journalists, maintaining a positive image for the company, taking action during crisis situations, conducting meetings, and compiling press kits.
A well-written sample cover letter for Communications Manager usually mentions the following skills and qualifications:
- Training in communication and public relations
- Business acumen
- Tact and diplomacy
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong writing abilities and creativity
- Being able to work under pressure
- Computer competences
- Confidence and presentation skills
- Planning and organization
- Self-motivation and enthusiasm
Similar skills and abilities are visible in the Communications Manager cover letter example provided right below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Communication Manager Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Valencia:
Upon review of your posting for a Communication Manager, I hastened to submit the enclosed resume for your consideration. As an accomplished and enthusiastic professional with extensive experience managing corporate communications, marketing, and public relations functions, I am positioned to vastly exceed your expectations for this role.
From overseeing communication programs and writing press release deliveries to framing organizational messaging and developing marketing collateral, I excel at generating effective and positive company exposure and enabling the success of marketing and PR campaigns. With the capacity to employ persuasive communication skills to influence public perceptions and my proven history of developing trusting and lasting relationships, I am prepared to substantially impact the success of your company in this capacity.
Highlights of my experience include the following…
- Spearheading communication operations and programs for The Bradford Medley Group in Atlanta; overseeing social media networking, creating digital/print/event marketing campaigns, writing white papers and press releases, and representing the company at special publicity events while excelling within a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Designing and distributing a targeted email campaign focused on a new product offering by Wrintley Consumer Goods; growing contact list by 5,600 individuals in a single year and realizing a drastic 46% increase in product sales.
- Cultivating and sustaining excellent relationships with local community members, industry partners, and the media.
- Supervising a team of six, including marketing and communications staff and a graphic designer; leading team through all aspects of press release preparation and delivery, resulting in efficient and strategic information distribution.
- Analyzing market research to forecast trends and determine optimal corporate direction and message.
With my expertise in directing organizational identities and positioning, along with my ability to motivate teams to peak performance levels, I am positioned to significantly benefit your team as your next Communication Manager. I look forward to discussing the position, and my qualifications, in further detail.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Emma L. Colby