College Professor Cover Letter
College Professors provide instruction to students at the postsecondary level. Aside from teaching, they may also perform research and write scholarly articles. Typical duties of a College Professor include delivering lectures, encouraging critical thinking, developing curricula, defining course objectives, preparing course materials, presenting their findings at academic events, coordinating teaching assistants, participating in committees, grading tests, providing academic counseling to students, and evaluating student progress.
A successful cover letter for College Professor should focus on the following job requirements:
- Instruction skills
- Excellent knowledge in their field
- Self-confidence and presentation skills
- Time management and being able to work under pressure
- Research skills
- Strong writing skills
- Counseling aptitudes
- Good interpersonal abilities
- Computer competences
The College Professor cover letter example below mentions relevant skills and qualifications for this position.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive College Professor Resume Samples.
Dear Dr. Freedman:
As an experienced, dedicated, and highly accomplished college-level instructor with 11 years of excellent experience developing business and marketing curriculum and leading lectures and group projects, it is my pleasure to submit the enclosed resume for your review. My background and skill set positions me to significantly impact your business school as your next College Professor.
Following the receipt of my Doctorate degree in Business Administration and Marketing from the University of Iowa in 2006, I have excelled in consecutive associate professor positions with Cedar Rapids College and Ames University, respectively. With expertise in customized lesson planning, class management, and innovative educational techniques, I have honed my ability to effectively teach students from a wide range of backgrounds and learning styles. My inherent passion for fostering collaborative and engaging educational environments has successfully encouraged and developed productive, thoughtful, and accomplished college students. Furthermore, my a record of research and publishing excellence—including publication of numerous articles in top-tier academic journals as well as textbook chapters—is certain to render me an immediate asset to your department.
Highlights of my qualifications and accomplishments include:
- Instructing students in business, marketing, merchandising, and management classes ranging in size from 15 to up to 90 students; teaching classes specifically in Visual Merchandising, Trend Forecasting and Analysis, and Introduction to Business.
- Assigning readings and activities, orchestrating small group projects, grading papers and exams, and creating tests and curriculum to reinforce student learning and subject retention.
- Sustaining an effective learning environment through prepared classes, relevant assignments, and holistic educational methods.
- Mentoring junior faculty members and supporting them in class preparation, college protocols, and networking.
- Challenged and communicated with students to encourage their participation and learning progress, meeting with them during and after office hours to ensure optimal subject comprehension and real-world application.
- Participating in numerous academic groups and committees, including Chair of the Diversity Committee.
In preparing to relocate to the Providence metropolitan area, I am enthused about the prospect of joining your business school faculty and making a positive contribution to your school and its students. In fact, with my experience and credentials, I am well prepared to dedicate myself to the highest standards of learning at your college and exceed your expectations for this position. I look forward to discussing my qualifications in further detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
Jasmine G. Colley, PhD