College Lecturer Cover Letter
College Lecturers instruct college-level students in a specialized subject in which they have expertise and advanced education. Typical work activities performed in this role encompass the usual teaching responsibilities, including lesson planning, materials coordination, grading, and student evaluation. Successful publication in academic journals and books is also required for this type of position.
The following types of skills and qualifications are of use to mention in a successful cover letter for a College Lecturer:
- Lesson planning and curricula development
- Syllabus/material preparation
- Exam development and distribution
- Grading tests, quizzes, and assignments
- Student advising and support
- Presentation skills
- Student performance evaluation
A sample cover letter for a College Lecturer follows, including similar abilities and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive College Lecturer Resume Samples.
Dear Dr. Rodriguez:
Upon consideration of your posting for a College Lecturer to join your department in Santa Fe City College, I am submitting my CV outlining my credentials for your review. As an accomplished and skilled professional with 12+ years of experience in college-level instruction, I am confident in my ability to significantly contribute to the success of your objectives.
My experience includes teaching students in a wide variety of accounting and taxation topics using engaging information delivery techniques to boost participant interest and data retention while facilitating optimal learning experiences. With my professional achievements, combined with my communication and leadership talents, I excel at motivating and advancing students of all levels to meet their academic goals.
Consider the following highlights of my qualifications:
- Teaching undergraduate students in the subjects of accounting, tax preparation, and general business/finance principles for the past 10 years as a Lecturer at New Mexico Community College.
- Developing and implementing thoughtful and rigorous lesson plans to achieve top performance levels, involving strategic techniques to relate concepts to “real world” practical applications.
- Planning and revising curricula, organizing course materials, administering exams and special projects, grading assignments and tests, and offering additional support to students as needed.
- Publishing numerous articles and commentary in various academic books and journals; respected as a high-level researcher and contributor to the accounting field.
- Attaining a Ph.D. in Business Administration with a focus in Accounting from Arizona State University.
With my proven track record of exceptional teaching accomplishments along with my extensive knowledge of accounting and taxation principles, I am positioned to greatly exceed your expectations for this role. I look forward to discussing this opportunity and my qualifications in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
John L. Graham