Clerk Typist Cover Letter
Clerk Typists work in a variety of facilities and are responsible for processing written information. Examples of Clerk Typist duties include: using word processors, entering data, identifying inconsistencies, operating office equipment, transmitting documents, taking phone calls, interacting with customers, and handling correspondence. More experienced Clerk Typists are also required to edit documents such as presentations, reports, and business letters.
A well-written cover letter sample for Clerk Typist should focus on the following skills and qualities:
- Administrative skills and organization
- Computer competences and knowledge of word processors
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Being able to work under pressure
- Time management
- Effective communication
- Quality focus
Below is displayed a cover letter examples demonstrating similar Clerk Typist qualifications and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Clerk Typist Resume Samples .
Dear Mr. Moseley:
Upon learning of your need for a detail-oriented Clerk Typist, I hastened to submit my resume for your review. As an organized and motivated professional with experience providing administrative, data entry, and general reception support to drive maximum efficiency, I am confident I would be a valuable asset to your team.
From entering information and producing reports to managing special projects and providing superior customer service, my background has prepared me to excel in this role. Backed by superior communication and multitasking capabilities, I excel at driving office productivity while ensuring top-notch accuracy and overall performance. Furthermore, my ability to quickly adapt to new industries and technologies is certain to benefit your company.
Highlights of my experience include…
- Demonstrating an expert level of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Salesforce.com; typing 90 wpm.
- Performing various administrative support functions—including data entry, reporting, accounts payable/billing, meeting coordination, and call routing—while ensuring goal achievement.
- Balancing multiple tasks within deadline-driven environments while providing top-level prioritization and interpersonal skills.
- Assisting in coaching and training new hires in previous positions due to high competency and dedication to performance excellence.
With proven commitment to delivering the highest level of clerical support, I am well prepared to extend my record of service to your team. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this position and my qualifications with you further.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Candice J. Baker