Cheer Coach Cover Letter
Cheer coaches oversee the development and leadership of cheerleading teams, including creating choreographed cheer routines, supervising warm-ups and practice sessions, managing physical conditioning routines, and encouraging enthusiasm and energy across all cheer dances and techniques. Typical tasks performed in this position include scheduling practices, evaluating cheerleaders’ performances and skills, ordering uniforms, spotting for stunts, and ensuring optimal athlete health and safety.
Cover letters for this role often mention the following:
- Choreography creation and development
- Practice session scheduling and leadership
- Exercise and physical conditioning regimens
- Athlete assessment and constructive feedback
- Cheer dances and techniques
- Tryouts and cheerleader selection
- Stunts and tumbling
- Budget management
- Training and demonstration
- Safety rules and regulations
- Mentoring and relationship building
Please find below a sample cover letter for a cheer coach including comparable skills and experience.
Dear Ms. Froman:
Please find enclosed my resume detailing my experience and abilities as related to your search for a new cheer coach. As a motivated and enthusiastic professional with 12 years of experience training and leading cheerleading programs in high schools, I am confident in my ability to make a substantial and positive impact in this role.
From selecting new team members and organizing practices to developing choreographies and supervising warm-up sessions, my background has prepared me to excel in this role. With expertise in the fundamentals of cheerleading dances and techniques, complemented by my strong inner motivation and outstanding interpersonal skills, I am more than ready to significantly contribute to your cheer team’s success at Leland High School.
Highlights of my qualifications include…
- Developing and managing the cheerleading programs at Ellensdale High School and Potter High School, respectively; presiding over cheer practices and performances, establishing physical conditioning routines and exercise regimens, and creating choreographies for cheerleaders infused with energy and excitement
- Spearheading active and healthy practice sessions, delivering accurate, constructive, and positive feedback to improve cheerleaders’ performances while modifying coaching techniques based on each athlete’s strengths and weaknesses
- Evaluating stunting skills and performing proper spotting for stunts, ensuring maximum safety
- Communicating consistently and professionally with peers, athletes, and parents
- Ensuring thorough compliance with all regulations pertaining to schedules, sportsmanship, and performances
- Earning a bachelor’s degree in physical education from the University of Ohio
With my proven abilities and experience in leading cheerleading programs for high school athletes, I am prepared to exceed your expectations at Leland High School as your next cheer coach. I would appreciate the chance to discuss this position with you in further detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
Kimberly C. Nelson