Camp Counselor Cover Letter
Camp Counselors supervise and guide children in residential summer camps. They are required to work at night and during week-ends, since they need to ensure camp supervision. Typical job duties of a Camp Counselor include: organizing outdoor activities, joining children during trips, ensuring emotional support, presenting and enforcing camp rules, applying emergency procedures when needed, and instructing participants in various activities.
Based on our collection of sample cover letters, the most sought-after skills in a Camp Counselor are:
- Leadership and the ability to discipline children
- Knowledge of safety rules
- Stamina and enthusiasm
- Physical fitness and resilience
- Knowledge of recreation activities
- Creativity and problem-solving orientation
- Organization and planning
- Lifeguard certification (depending on the nature of their work)
Below is provided a Camp Counselor cover letter example showcasing comparable qualifications and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Camp Counselor Resume Samples.
For more information on what it takes to be a Camp Counselor, check out our more complete Camp Counselor Job Description.
Dear Ms. Tanner:
As a skilled and enthusiastic individual with experience facilitating successful camp experiences for children aged 4 to 15, it is my pleasure to submit the enclosed resume for your review. My background and passion for children’s summer camps position me to significantly impact your organization in the role of Camp Counselor.
Program coordination, staff and volunteer communication, and camper relationship management are just a few of the areas in which I excel. By leading programs across a range of subjects and capacities, I have honed my communication, creativity, and motivational skills. My inherent dedication to fostering collaborative and exciting environments has successfully encouraged and developed consistently popular and dynamic summer camps.
Highlights of my qualifications include:
- Excelling in summer camp counselor positions for the past 7 years, creating and implementing hands-on activities and programs—including sports, arts, and general outdoor activities—to facilitate fun, engaging camp environments and stimulate camper enjoyment.
- Building and sustaining strong relationships with campers, families, counselors, volunteers, and community members.
- Engaging my background and professional interest while challenging myself academically in preparation to achieve a MS in Camp Administration & Leadership (expected in 2018); educational background in childhood development, psychology, and counseling; certified in CPR, First Aid, and AED.
With my experience and credentials, I am well prepared to dedicate myself to the highest standards of excellence at Happy Kids Day Camp and exceed your expectations for this position. I look forward to discussing my qualifications in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.