Billing Specialist Cover Letter
Billing Specialists are mainly responsible for processing payments and making sure a company’s revenues are handled in an accurate manner. Essential job functions of a Billing Specialist are doing paperwork, issuing receipts and invoices, informing clients on debts, preparing financial reports, checking debit accounts, calculating fees and penalties, checking debit account validity, identifying inconsistencies, establishing accounting contracts, maintaining contract files, and liaising with customers.
A well-written sample cover letter for Billing Specialist should mention the following job skills:
- Knowledge of billing practices
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Computer proficiency
- Patience and perseverance
- Problem-solving abilities
- Reliability and integrity
- Training in finance or accounting
Comparable Billing Specialist skills and duties are visible in the example cover letter displayed below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Billing Specialist Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Stalling:
Upon review of your posting for a Billing Specialist, I was eager to submit my resume for your consideration. With comprehensive experience and knowledge in accounts receivable and collections, along with my abilities in time management, communication, and leadership, I feel confident that I would significantly benefit Tridado Ltd. in this role.
My extensive background in analyzing accounts, investigating discrepancies, identifying and resolving billing issues, and providing general clerical support has prepared me to excel in this position. With a strong foundation in customer account review and past-due collection, my problem-solving and project management abilities position me to thrive as your next Billing Specialist.
Highlights of my background include:
- Ensuring billing operational efficiency and accuracy throughout my career in accounts receivable, skillfully analyzing and handling invoices, payments, and financial records.
- Identifying and recovering revenue deficiencies of up to $43K associated with cancelled accounts.
- Communicating directly and courteously with customers to review and verify billing data and ensure timely bill submission.
- Interacting with a variety of professionals to gather information and spearhead collections organization and execution.
- Utilizing analytical, interpersonal, and organization skills to generate peak results and top performance levels.
- Earning a Bachelor of Arts in Accounting from the University of Pittsburgh.
With successful experience in accounts receivable methodologies, coupled with keen financial acumen and dedication to achieving success, I believe I could quickly surpass your expectations for this role. I look forward to discussing this opportunity in further detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
Rosa S. Burke