Assistant Teacher Cover Letter
Assistant Teachers are in charge for supporting qualified teachers while instructing students up to the age of 18. Essential responsibilities of the job include: reinforcing lessons presented by lead teachers, supervising student behavior in class and between classes, assisting teachers with recordkeeping, reviewing material with students individually or in groups, helping to prepare lessons, maintaining equipment, tracking attendance, and motivating students.
Successful example cover letters for Assistant Teacher showcase the following skills and abilities:
- Instruction skills
- The ability to motivate and discipline students
- Recordkeeping skills
- Stamina and perseverance
- Empathy and an approachable manner
- Effective communication
- Computer literacy
- Attention to details
Similar Assistant Teacher qualifications and experience can be seen in the cover letter sample displayed beneath.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Assistant Teacher Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Campbell:
As a skilled and enthusiastic professional with experience serving as a successful Assistant Teacher, it is my pleasure to submit the enclosed resume for your review. My background and organizational talents position me to significantly impact your school in this role.
My teaching assistance experience includes classroom planning, student supervision, materials preparation, and clerical support. My organization, communication, and leadership skills have facilitated productive and efficient classrooms, leading to teacher / parent satisfaction and optimal student experiences.
Highlights of my qualifications include:
- Supporting teachers with operational and administrative duties to ensure smooth and efficient classroom functioning.
- Coordinating activities for K-5 elementary children while leveraging patient, calm demeanor to mitigate stressful situations and effectively discipline students as needed.
- Communicating closely with teachers and parents to identify needs and determine best next steps to efficiently and successfully meet their goals.
With my previous experience as well as my dedication to a career in education, I am well prepared to thrive in a teaching assistant position at your school and exceed your expectations. I look forward to discussing my qualifications in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Marjorie K. Elliott