Art Gallery Assistant Cover Letter
Art Gallery Assistants work in private or public facilities and handle functions like customer service, administration, and correspondence. Tasks usually seen on Art Gallery Assistant resumes include greeting visitors, organizing tours, helping to organize various events, making sure art gallery collections are safe, communicating with external parties, setting up exhibitions, answering visitor questions, managing sales inquiries, promoting exhibitions, and removing artwork when the exhibition is over.
A successful Art Gallery Assistant cover letter example should mention qualifications like:
- Art history training
- Being highly-educated and having an excellent taste for art
- Event management skills
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Selling skills
- Organization and planning
- Effective communication
- Computer competences
Just below is provided a cover letter sample showcasing comparable Art Gallery Assistant abilities and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Art Gallery Assistant Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Williams:
When I learned of The Open Space’s search for a new Art Gallery Assistant, I was eager to submit my resume for your consideration. With my previous experience in gallery operations support and my recent degree in art history—as well as my outstanding research, organization, and communication skills—I am confident that I would benefit your gallery in this capacity.
From planning special events and promoting exhibitions to preparing venue spaces and managing a range of administrative tasks, my background has prepared me to excel in this role. With an inherent passion for and growing expertise in gallery administration and exhibit design, my dedication and focus has ensured outstanding gallery operations and pleasant and welcoming environments for visitors.
Highlights of my background include…
- Coordinating comprehensive responsibilities—including collections/exhibits research, space preparation, exhibition installation and removal, brochure creation, fundraising, and database management—for the Ironworks Gallery in Boulder, Colorado.
- Performing extensive administrative and clerical functions, including file maintenance, archiving, front desk reception, artist application/contract management, and calendar updates.
- Facilitating successful events held at the gallery such as art competitions, opening night parties for new exhibits, guest lectures, and members-only VIP events.
- Co-curating a “Desert Life Drawing” exhibition showcasing pencil/charcoal drawings by local artists of the surrounding topography.
- Developing and maintaining an exhaustive archive of past gallery exhibitions.
- Achieving a BA degree in Art History from the University of Colorado at Boulder, graduating Magna Cum Laude in 2015.
With my solid experience in gallery support tasks, as well as my dedication to optimizing visitor experiences, I will quickly surpass your expectations for this role. I look forward to discussing the position in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Tamela S. Weeks