Apprentice Electrician Cover Letter
Apprentice Electricians study under a more experienced Electrician or team of Electricians to get on-the-job training, earn money and become the best Electrician they can be. Essential job duties of an Apprentice Electrician include troubleshooting electrical problems, installing various wiring and other types of electrical components, maintaining electrical systems, reading blueprints and schematics and using a number of different manual and electronic tools.
Our library of sample cover letters for Apprentice Electricians usually mention the following skills and qualifications:
- Associate’s degree in electrical systems or completion of an electrical-related course of study
- High school diploma or GED
- Knowledge of how to install electrical systems, electrical outlets, lighting, sound systems and circuit breakers
- Experience installing any of the above
- Great communication skills
- A valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of the various tools used to install, test and repair electrical systems
- Good customer service skills
The cover letter below demonstrates similar skills and qualifications:
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Apprentice Electrician Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Arias,
I am submitting my enclosed resume for the position of Apprentice Electrician. With a high school diploma, an associate’s degree in electrical systems, several years of hands-on experience, a passion for learning and a valid driver’s license, I believe I would be a valuable asset to the Superior Electric team as well as a helpful assistant.
My experience thus far includes various courses on electrical systems, math, physics, blueprint reading and safety and several years of hands-on experience installing, testing and troubleshooting a variety of electrical systems.
The following are some highlights of my education and experience:
- Graduated from Star Valley High School
- Earned an associate’s degree in electrical systems from Drexel Technical College
- Learned how to install wiring systems for both commercial and residential use
- Learned how to install circuit breakers, lighting systems, sound systems and security systems
- Learned how to thread conduit ends and connect couplings
- Replaced and repaired countless circuit breakers, fuse boxes, electronic devices, generators and wires.
I may not have a lot of experience in the field, but I am passionate, personable and eager to learn, and I hope to be able to bring those qualities to an apprenticeship at Superior Electric.
Thank you for your time and consideration, and I look forward to speaking with you further about this position.
All the best,