Admissions Officer Cover Letter
Admissions Officers work with potential students at an educational institution and guide them throughout the admission process. Admissions Officers come from multiple educational backgrounds and should be able to complete the following duties: corresponding with potential students, delivering presentations, visiting high schools, answering to student questions, distributing brochures and other promotional materials, organizing Open Days, and processing application forms.
Employers select cover letters mentioning the following Admissions Officer assets:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Presentation abilities and self-confidence
- A professional manner
- Computer competences
- Time management
- Self-drive and enthusiasm
- Good writing skills
- Attention to details and accuracy
Candidates for Admissions Officer positions can discover relevant skills and qualifications in the cover letter sample displayed below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Admissions Officer Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Carlton:
Upon learning of your search for an Admissions Officer, I felt compelled to submit my resume for your consideration. As an enthusiastic and goal-driven professional with experience in recruiting and securing new students for post-graduate schools, I am confident that I would be a valuable asset to your institution in this role.
My background includes overseeing admissions presentations, organizing on- and off-campus recruitment events, responding to questions from students and families, and “selling” school offerings and services to meet—or surpass—admissions goals. With strong inner motivation and superior organization talents, I excel in implementing key recruitment strategies, consulting with prospective students, and supporting students throughout the admissions process to drive school interest and enrollment.
Highlights of my qualifications include the following:
- Oversaw comprehensive admissions functions as an Admissions Officer for the Milwaukee Technical Institute (MTI) and Wisconsin Technology College (WTC), advising potential students on program requirements, offerings, and benefits to encourage college applications.
- Spearheaded student ambassador program at MTI, scheduling, planning, and organizing 90+ campus guides while managing $13K budget.
- Achieved closing ratios of 79% for Information Technology program, 74% for Health Care program, and a stunning 92% for Business Administration program; recognized for reaching 90-day quota in less than seven weeks.
- Led campus tours, communicated financial aid and scholarship information, delivered high-impact presentations, and followed up with students and parents.
- Participated in the student assessment and selection process, evaluating applications using both holistic review and academic criteria to determine admissions decisions.
- Outstanding research, analysis, and interpersonal abilities; superior written and verbal communication skills.
With my strong background and my proven ability to meet admissions goals, I am well prepared to extend my record of service to your team at Madison Technical College. I welcome the opportunity to discuss this position and my qualifications with you further. Thank you for your consideration.
Tara A. Kaufmann