Actor Cover Letter
Actors use speech, movements and body language to communicate to audiences and depict a character or a situation. Usual work activities of an Actor include looking for jobs, rehearsing, learning lines, performing research to prepare for a part, following director instructions, using props, performing in front of an audience, maintaining records for company management, doing voice-overs, or performing for film, TV, or Internet. These artists may often not work full time and complete other activities that generate income as well.
A well-written example Actor cover letter showcases the following qualifications:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Acting skills
- Reliability and punctuality
- Being able to work irregular hours
- Networking skills
- Taking criticism and instructions
- The capacity to interpret various roles
- Determination and perseverance
Beneath is provided a sample cover letter for Actor emphasizing comparable skills.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Actor Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Mallory:
Upon learning of your search for an Actor for the lead role in your upcoming production of In The Moonlight, I felt compelled to submit my resume and credentials for your consideration. With my professional experience in challenging and emotionally rigorous acting roles—as well as my talents in performing before live audiences and collaborating with fellow actors, directors, and crew members—I am confident that I would make a positive and dynamic contribution to your acting team.
From rehearsing scenes and running lines to performing deep character research and participating in ongoing classes and workshops, my background has prepared me to excel as a pivotal member of your cast. With an inherent passion for the creative world of acting and drama, my communication and collaboration capabilities position me to thrive in this challenging role.
Highlights of my background include:
- Performing as an on-camera actor in various mediums including print work, corporate and independent films, commercials, and live theater.
- Working with directors, casting agents, playwrights, and fellow actor ensembles to uncover character intentions, identify and interpret lines, develop blocking, and portray a wide range of emotions using body language and facial expressions.
- Earning eligibility in the Screen Actors Guild due to appearances in local, regional, and national advertisements.
- Contributing creative and forward-thinking ideas to engage audiences and actively promoting theater productions within the community to generate exposure, buzz, and revenue.
With my previous acting experience, coupled with my enthusiasm and dedication to achieving success, I could swiftly surpass your expectations for this role. A detailed resume with my specific acting experience is enclosed.
I look forward to discussing this opportunity further. Thank you for your consideration.
Jeffrey J. Behan